Updated Information & Notice of Office Changes for COVID-19
With heightened awareness of COVID-19 & beginning the process of re-opening, we understand that our patients may have questions. As your Dental Healthcare Provider, we want to assure you of our diligent efforts to protect the health & safety of you, our staff, & the communities we serve. Our offices have always exceeded the standards for infection control, but upon returning to the office, you will notice new polices & routines. Every guideline, policy, & protocol we now have in place is to ensure both your safety & ours. Because we are in this together, Destiny Strong. We want you to know every effort implemented is recommended by the ADA, CDC, & OSHA. We are continuing to closely monitor and will post updates regularly, like this, to inform any changes.
CHANGES TO EXPECT FOR PATIENTS:
- Screening: When making an appointment, you will be asked a series of COVID-19 related questions & will also be provided new check-in instructions for your appointment.
- Check-in Procedures: We will ask you to wear a face mask. At your arrival to the office you will have been provided instructions on how to check-in safely & will include but not necessarily in order; meeting at the front door, the temperature is taken, additional screening questions/survey taken, designated a waiting area practicing social distancing, limited persons per appointment, & hand washing/sanitizing protocols.
- Dental Treatment: You will be safely guided to your assigned & strictly prepared treatment room. Then, where you will be asked to rinse with a 1% H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) oral antiseptic. After rinsing for 30–60 sec. will be seated & prepared for doctor and\or treatment.
CHANGES TO EXPECT FOR STAFF: (includes doctors, managements, clinical & front office members)
All staff members will be going through a COVID-19 Screening Process daily, which includes temperatures taken, symptoms screened (visually & questioned), as well as a contact history.
Staff members have been issued an enhanced and detailed COVID-19 protocol for office guide, in which all have agreed to follow thoroughly, step-by-step ensuring their safety & yours. Alongside, with reinforced training to ensure these adequate practicing habits. These protocols & additional detailed training will be displayed throughout your visit and overall office environment.
PPE: You will notice our staff members are wearing additional protective gear such as masks, eyewear, and/or face shields, jackets, & gowns. PPE does not leave the office & staff change when arriving and leaving the office. This includes both front desk & clinical members. Our staff has always praticed and will continue to practice proper handwashing & sanitation routines.
ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGES THROUGHOUT THE OFFICE:
- Sneeze guard at the front desk
- Social Distancing, including marked areas in the waiting room
- Extensive disinfection protocols of all surfaces such as doorknobs & handles, chairs, pens/pencils, counter-tops, clipboards, etc.
- Removal of any items such as brochures, waiting room toys, displays, & any items that could result in multiple persons touching the same item.
- New check-in processes avoiding revisits to the front desk